Social Work with Young People in a Comparative Perspective in a Globalised World (10 weeks from mid-November until the end of January or from mid-April until the end of June)
This module focuses on development of social work through documentation, quality assurance, and evaluation. Great emphasize is placed on different methods of project work, innovation, and social entrepreneurship. Relevant perspectives, theories, and methods for documentation, evaluation, and quality assurance are included.
The student possesses knowledge about:
- Central paradigms and theories of social work
- Concepts and standards for documentation and evaluation of quality
- Methods for development and evaluation
The student possesses skills to:
- Identify, describe, and delimit needs for further development in practice
- Search for and apply relevant empirical and research-based knowledge
- Analyse social performances with involvement of the expected effect, quality, and price
The student possesses competencies to:
- Apply methods to develop, document, and evaluate social performances in a concrete context
- Involve relevant user groups and user perspectives
Students submit a project report. Individual grading is based on this and an oral presentation in the form of a group opponent seminar.