Our use of personal data
We use this type of data about you
KP uses data about you to manage your education or employment with us. We use data about you to improve our service and ensure quality in our educational offerings and other services, as well as in our communication with you.
The data we use include:
Personal data – any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified
Social Security number
Special category personal data – the types of personal data which are particularly sensitive and private in nature, and therefore more likely to cause distress and damage if compromised:
Health related conditions (physical and mental health)
- Traffic data on Internet usage
- Transaction data
- Unique numbers on network devices
As a general rule, KP never collects personal information without you having provided this information yourself by participating in, for example a study, registration for an event or course or as part of your education or employment with KP. However, KP may collect personal data in connection with cases relating to violation of rules of order, rules of employment, etc.
KP compiles data in anonymized or pseudonymised form for general statistics, as well as for training and organizational development.
We collect and store data for specific purposes
KP collects and stores data in order to:
- Manage your relationship with us
- Manage your education
- Meet legal and contractual requirements
- Improve our education and services
- Conduct research
- Customize our communications and marketing to you
We may need to use your personal data for other purposes than the original purpose
Unless you already have consented to the new purpose, we will investigate whether the original purpose of collecting your data is compatible with the new purpose. In this case, we evaluate the sources from which your data originates and whether it is common or sensitive information we need to use. We also assess whether using your data for the new purpose will have a negative impact on your freedom of action before we use these data.
We only process relevant personal data
We will only process data about you that is relevant and adequate in relation to the purposes defined above. The purpose is crucial to what type of data about you is relevant to us. The same applies to the extent of the personal data we use. For example, we do not use more data than we need for the specific purpose.
We only process necessary personal data
We only collect, process and store the personal data necessary to fulfill the purposes defined above. In addition, it may be determined by law what type of data we need to collect and store. The type and extent of the personal data we process may also be necessary to fulfill a contract, education agreement or other legal obligation.
We check and update your personal data
We verify that the personal data we process about you is not inaccurate or misleading. We also make sure to update your personal data on an ongoing basis. We will also ask you to provide us with relevant changes to your data. Change information can be sent from your KP mail to the Study Service (if you are a student in KP) or to HR (if you are an employee of KP).
We delete your personal data when they are no longer needed
We delete or anonymize your personal data when it is no longer necessary for the purpose that was the reason for our collection, processing and storage of your data, unless there are regulatory purposes that require us to store data.
We do not disclose your personal data
KP discloses personal data to third parties when this is justified by statutory requirements or in the case of investigative situations and audits.
KP discloses the following categories of personal data:
- Salary and working hours information
- Absence and vacation information
- Information on study activity if a student has an educational requirement, is rehabilitating, etc. if KP is obliged to do so or if you have given consent that KP can disclose the information in question to an authority.
- Information relating to payment of SU, e.g. leave, study activity, interruption or termination of education.
- Information collected for research projects may be disclosed to collaborating partners if the research projects are carried out in collaboration with, for example, another educational institution, if you have consented to this.
They are passed on to the following categories of recipients:
- Collaboration partners who are involved as co-educators
- Agency for Modernisation – Ministry of Finance in connection with payroll and personnel administration
Municipalities, internships, job centers, etc.
- Danish Agency for Institutions and Educational Grants (Ministry of Higher Education)
- Payment Denmark (Udbetaling Danmark) (information on maternity leave and length of sick leave in regards to reimbursement)
- Authorized accounting firms in connection with audit of KP.
Personal information is disclosed to the police in specific cases in the case of police reporting for document fraud, theft, vandalism or other criminal matters. Personal information is also passed on to law firms in specific cases. personnel and study cases requiring special legal assistance.