Our processing basis is mainly based on the General Data Protection Regulation article 6 paragraph 1 point (e) as we as a public educational institution carry out an educational task in the public interest and we make decisions that tends to exercise official authority.
Besides this, we have an important task in doing research, where personal data is treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act (Databeskyttelsesloven) §10.
As a public institution we treat personal data in accordance to § 11 in the law mentioned above.
For a number of other situations our processing basis is:
The General Data Protection Regulation article 6 paragraph 1 point (a) – consent (which is used for photos)
The General Data Protection Regulation article 6 paragraph 1 point (b) – contract (when you sign up for courses)
The General Data Protection Regulation article 6 paragraph 1 point (c) – compliance with legal obligations – concerns our specific duty to treat or pass on personal data in regards to the following laws:
- Professionshøjskoleloven (University Colleges Act), chapter 2 and subsequent orders
- Lov om erhvervsakademiuddannelser og professionsbacheloruddannelser (Professional and vocational educations Act), chapter 1, 2, 3 and 6 and subsequent orders
- Lov om erhvervsuddannelser and lov om erhvervsfaglig studentereksamen (Vocational Educations Act) and the subsequent orders
- Adgangsbekendtgørelsen (Order for Access)
- Eksamensbekendtgørelsen (Order for Examinations)
- SU-loven (Economic support for the Students Act)
- Lov om åbne uddannelser (Open Education Act) and subsequent orders
- Lov om videregående uddannelse (Further Education Act)
- SPS-lov and subsequent order (Economic special support Act)
- Curricula and other regulations set by KP
We use this type of data about you – students and participants
KP uses data about you to manage your education with us. We use data about you to improve our service and ensure quality in our educational offerings and other services, as well as in our communication with you.
The data we use includes:
- Personal data – name, address, phone number, profession, payment info, data traffic, login data, logfiles for specific systems
- Information regarding professional qualifications and personal competencies, diplomas
- Social Security number
- Special category of personal data when needed – such as health information
- KP compiles anonymised or pseudonymised data for general statistics, as well as for training and organisational development.
We collect and store data for specific purposes
The purpose of handling your personal data is to create the foundation for administrative operations, which KP does according to law and as public institution.
KP collects and stores data in order to:
- Manage your relationship with us
- Manage your education
- Meet legal and contractual requirements
- Improve our education and services
- Customise our communications to you
- Contact you with relevant offers after you graduate (for instance offers on further education, alumni network etc.). You can always choose not to be contacted with these offers.
We pass on your information in the following situations
KP pass on your personal data to third party if obliged by law or in case of an investigation.
KP pass on the following categories of personal data:
- Information on study activity if a student has an educational requirement, is in rehabilitation, etc. if KP is obliged to do so or if you have given consent that KP can disclose the information in question to an authority.
- Information relating to payment of SU, e.g. leave, study activity, interruption or termination of education.
The data is passed on to the following recipients:
- Municipalities, job centres etc.
- Danish Agency for Institutions and Educational Grants
- Authorised accounting firms in connection with an audit of KP
- Other public institutions or third party, who can ask for access to the files in regards
Personal data are in specific cases handed to the police in case of an investigation of fraud, theft, vandalism, or other criminal offence. In specific cases, personal data can be passed on to law firms if there is a need of special attention.
Use of personal data – others
As part of our course activities we administrate personal data from many different people, both in our case handling and in the daily running of business.
Due to The General Data Protection Regulation, KP must inform you how we treat and protect personal data. This information concerns professionals, business associates, future clients and recipients of our electronic newsletters.
Which personal data do we treat and where do we get them from?
We collect and treat personal data about you, which we have received from you or collected on public websites (municipalities and public schools, virk.dk or your company’s website).
This information includes your name, workplace and contact info (phone number and email address).
We do not treat any information about you, that falls within the category of personal data (defined as such in the GDPR).
We will only process data about you that is relevant and adequate according to the purposes defined above. The purpose is key in defining which type of data about you we consider relevant.
We only collect, process, and store the personal data necessary to fulfill the purposes defined above. We do not collect data that are not necessary for the purpose.
In addition, it may be determined by law what type of data we need to collect and store. The type and extent of the personal data we process may be necessary to fulfill a contract, education agreement or other legal obligation.
We verify that the personal data we process about you is accurate. We make sure to update your personal data on an ongoing basis. We will also ask you to provide us with relevant changes to your data.
We delete or anonymise your personal data when it is no longer necessary for the purpose that was the reason for our collection, processing and storage of your data, unless there are regulatory purposes that require us to store data.